When BetterPoints Programme Director, Hannah Bowden, was awarded the 10 Digital Ladies Award for Innovation earlier this year the judges commented on how impressed they were by the way Hannah has successfully merged her experience in Psychology, AI and community regeneration to lead innovation at BetterPoints.
Hannah will be on the panel at a 10 Digital Ladies meetup event on Thursday 13 December in London. Entitled ‘Why digital innovation needs your voice: How diversity builds kick-ass products’ the evening will take the format of a discussion centred around the way the innovation world is changing, as well as the way innovation is changing the world. If innovation is now less about tools and infrastructure and more about personalised services how does that affect the skills, traits and qualities that make a good innovator? And how does diversity help?
The panel will also include Mike Altendorf, Investor and Advisor to a range of tech and digital businesses and Adel Du Toit, IT Lead for User Experience at Boston Consulting Group and promises to be interesting and informative, not to mention inspiring.
The session is for anyone interested in innovation and particularly women working in digital, tech and innovation roles and industries. Anyone can attend, and places can be booked directly.
Questions that will be discussed include:
- Is innovation changing and are the skillsets we associate with innovation also shifting?
- Are there particular skills that women bring to the table when it comes to the design and development of new products and services? If so what are they?
- Is digital and technology different from other areas in the lack of high-profile female innovators or does this just reflect the general trend in this space?
- Are mixed teams the most effective? If so why?
- How we can we encourage more women into product and service design?
It promises to be a fantastic evening and we’re certainly looking forward to attending.
BetterPoints as a company is committed to diversity and we’re proud to have a highly experienced, skilled and passionate team right across the company. We were recently shortlisted for a Workingmums award for our commitment to flexible working and advancing women.
To find out more about Hannah and the rest of the BetterPoints team take a look at the who we are section on our website.
And to keep up to date on our events, announcements and news join our mailing list.