Workplaces are Wrapping Up and Getting Out in Norfolk!
Despite the best intentions when New Years Resolutions are made, it can be tempting to hibernate when the January blues set in, the weather is cold and the days are short. And even more tempting to jump in the car for even the shortest of journeys.
So, as part of the Pushing Ahead Norfolk BetterPoints initiative, we’ve launched a new winter workplace challenge to help motivate people to stay active. In the first few days alone, over 500 people from over 70 different workplaces have jumped on board.
People who sign up and take part in the Wrap Up and Get Out Workplace Challenge are in with a chance of winning prizes and rewards for themselves and for charity whilst boosting their mental well-being and physical health. Tracking walking, running or cycling activities earns BetterTickets which are entered into weekly draws. The more active someone is, the more tickets they earn and the more chance they have of winning!
In addition to the leaderboards which will show the progress of different sizes of workplaces, we’ve added to the fun and creativity of the challenge with a photo competition on twitter.
Workplace challenges are just one of the many ways that BetterPoints can help organisations boost physical activity and active and sustainable travel – find out more about the BetterPoints app
Want to reduce workplace car use? Talk to us.
BetterPoints is an award-winning, scalable and customisable behaviour change platform that has been used successfully to incentivise and motivate commuters to use active or sustainable modes of transport.
- Spotting the warning signs of home-working burnout
- ‘Covid’s impact on my mental health was gradual; I didn’t wake up one morning and say “Oh, I don’t feel right”’
- Business leaders must prioritise employee mental health right now, says Adecco CEO
- 5-a-Day: Business-ready incentives tool to help prevent a workforce mental health crisis
- UK councils harness behaviour change technology to deliver on active travel commitments