Andrew from Sheffield is our latest #LockdownLegend!
Congratulations to BetterPoints user Andrew for becoming this week’s Lockdown Legend!
Each week, we are choosing a Lockdown Legend – someone from our app’s user community with an inspiring story of coping during the coronavirus lockdown.
Andrew’s story is a great example of not only going above and beyond, but also of using apps like ours to engage and motivate people at this time:
I have set up a Sheffield-wide virtual event called #StrideForSheffield for everyone to participate whether they run, walk or cycle. All miles done within an hour’s exercise logged each week to see how far we call all get across the world.
Plus people are asked to donate to local charities either Foodbanks or the Archer Project for the homeless. One week in, we have travelled 1600 miles, raised over £1000 and over 200 people logged their miles.
Andrew wins 25,000 BetterPoints for his story, as well as the honour of being this week’s BetterPoints Lockdown Legend!
- The lady who uses lockdown to hide gnomes on a Leicestershire housing estate
- Spotting the warning signs of home-working burnout
- ‘Covid’s impact on my mental health was gradual; I didn’t wake up one morning and say “Oh, I don’t feel right”’
- 5-a-Day: Business-ready incentives tool to help prevent a workforce mental health crisis
- Record funding announced for Active Travel in Wales