Frontline Nurse, Kramie is our first Lockdown Legend!
Each week, we are choosing a Lockdown Legend – someone from our app’s user community with an inspiring story of coping during the coronavirus lockdown. At the end of its first week, we had our first winner: Kramie Moon.
Kramie’s story is a humbling one. It’s a wake-up-call to the pressure our doctors and nurses are under and the sacrifices they are making. But it’s also a lesson in commitment and resilience under testing circumstances, and a reminder of how proud we should be of everyone who is keeping it together for us right now.
I’m a nurse so I have to continue working. But on the days I’m home I have to contend with having no downstairs sitting room or kitchen due to a flood 14 weeks ago. So I’m confined to a bedroom upstairs and cooking in a garage. But trying to make the most of it.
I have to shop a couple of days at a time due to the situation, but I’ve now a routine of getting up for the early shop. I come home, cook us a healthy breakfast, then sort out the house. Each night we’re cooking something new in our limited space.
And spending loads of time apart: due to my job, my partner doesn’t want to be around me. But once a day we go for a walk – leaving a gap!
Kramie wins 25,000 BetterPoints for her story, as well as the honour of being the very first BetterPoints Lockdown Legend!
We’re awarding a new Lockdown Legend every week.
- The lady who uses lockdown to hide gnomes on a Leicestershire housing estate
- Spotting the warning signs of home-working burnout
- ‘Covid’s impact on my mental health was gradual; I didn’t wake up one morning and say “Oh, I don’t feel right”’
- 5-a-Day: Business-ready incentives tool to help prevent a workforce mental health crisis
- Record funding announced for Active Travel in Wales