Well done to our Lockdown Legend 2.6 Challenge winners!
Well done to everyone that took part in last week’s Lockdown Legend 2.6 Challenge.
26 of them won a £10 donation to their chosen charity (more on that in a later post) and three won an additional 26,000 BetterPoints for their related Lockdown Legend story.
My family are taking part in the 2.6 challenge. I did a 26 km bike ride, my husband is running 26 km.
My 16 year-old son is doing 26 pull-ups, my 14 year-old is doing 26 keepie-uppies – 26 times – and my 11 year-old is doing a 2.6 mile bike ride.
We’ve donated £26 to Parkinson’s UK as my Dad has Parkinson’s disease and £26 to Ellenor Hospice which has provided end of life care for friends.
I took part in the 2.6 challenge by taking 2 photographs on my run. I ran 6k.
I ran in my Goodgym top and donated £26 to Goodgym. Running each week with Goodgym Norwich not only helps my local community but it boosts my mood, energy levels and I love being part of a great group of people who want to go out a doo good things in the community.
I’m looking forward to going on our missions on a Monday again and helping others throughout the week.
With schools being closed I wanted to get my 9 year-old son out of the house to stretch his legs, so we have been doing walks between 2 and 3 miles.
We decided to complete the 2.6 Challenge so we went out for a walk aiming to meet 2.6 miles, but we managed 4 miles and have raised money for the charity.
In total this month he has managed to walk 34.2 miles. This is a big challenge to him as he is waiting to see if he has autism and normally getting out of the house and walking is a challenge.
- Spotting the warning signs of home-working burnout
- ‘Covid’s impact on my mental health was gradual; I didn’t wake up one morning and say “Oh, I don’t feel right”’
- Business leaders must prioritise employee mental health right now, says Adecco CEO
- 5-a-Day: Business-ready incentives tool to help prevent a workforce mental health crisis
- UK councils harness behaviour change technology to deliver on active travel commitments