Toni from West Yorkshire is our penultimate #LockdownLegend!
Congratulations to BetterPoints user Toni from Baildon, in West Yorkshire, for becoming our penultimate #LockdownLegend!
Each week, since the lockdown began, we have chosen a #LockdownLegend – someone from our app’s user community with an inspiring story of coping during the coronavirus lockdown.
Toni had to deal with the death of her father last month and found solace in country walks, helped along by the challenge of earning BetterPoints medals.
Unfortunately I lost my dad on 8 April. I was unable to see him in hospital and couldn’t be with him in the funeral home. We couldn’t have a funeral in the normal sense and it has been very tough mentally.
Spending time outside has helped me massively. I live in a rural area in West Yorkshire which is beautiful. There’s a lot of hills but also a lot of rivers and canals. This lockdown has brought out nature which has brought me great comfort as my dad loved being outside. The sunshine has also helped enormously.
Receiving my medals on this site has really motivated me and been a lovely reward. I am slowly but surely learning how to cope with my grief but that’s because I have been able to have space to deal with my thoughts and for that I am truly grateful.
Toni wins 25,000 BetterPoints for her story, as well as the honour of being our latest BetterPoints #LockdownLegend!
Our next #LockdownLegend will also be our last, as the UK Government is relaxing the rules from the start of June.
- The lady who uses lockdown to hide gnomes on a Leicestershire housing estate
- Spotting the warning signs of home-working burnout
- ‘Covid’s impact on my mental health was gradual; I didn’t wake up one morning and say “Oh, I don’t feel right”’
- 5-a-Day: Business-ready incentives tool to help prevent a workforce mental health crisis
- Record funding announced for Active Travel in Wales