New medals for National Walking Month
May is National Walking Month. To celebrate, we have created a set of brand new medals for our app users to collect.
Straight off, they will achieve our May 2020 medal for their first walk of the month.
After that, they can rack up the medals as they rack up the miles.
First up is the Loafer medal for getting going and moving in the right direction. We’ll then encourage them to ramp it up with the Trainer and push themselves further for the Trainer Pro medal.
After that, they can go for the Walking Boot; and if they put in some serious miles they could nab themselves our ultimate National Walking Month medal – nothing less than the Walking Boot Pro!
What’s more, we will enter them into our weekly #WalkThisWay prize draw. The first prize is 25,000 BetterPoints and there are three runner-up prizes of 5,000 BetterPoints each.
The table below shows the number of miles that trigger each medal.
|Loafer||2 miles||4 miles||7 miles|
|Trainer||10 miles||13 miles||17 miles|
|Trainer Pro||20 miles||23 miles||27 miles|
|Walking Boot||30 miles||34 miles||38 miles|
|Walking Boot Pro||40 miles||45 miles||50 miles|
- Walking in May a huge success – but user feedback suggests there are clear obstacles to cycling
- New daily medals for Bike Week
- Shapps announces £2 billion package to create ‘new era for cycling and walking’
- Well done to our Lockdown Legend 2.6 Challenge winners!
- Mix it up for National Walking Month with our special activity checklist